Not a member? Sign Up for Free.
Want to help RottenEggs? Do your part and share this site

R3 End of Life

• Edit
  • Thread created by:
  • 15 posts
  • ( 5 votes )
Show More

The end of life for rotteneggs version 3 is fast approaching.  I have a tentative date of August 1st to execute the primary domain switch over to the new RottenEggs.com.

http://archive.rotteneggs.com will remain for the foreseeable future as the static snapshot of the old site.  However the ability to login and post new content will be permanently disabled.

If needed, please get your old account affairs in order.

r3 rotteneggs
Table of Contents
Add to WATCHBOARD
Flip Sort: Most Recent
Post a new Message
Posted 10 years ago, Jul 17, 2011

FIRST!

Thanks for the heads up!

RE4 is really looking good!

Posted 10 years ago, Jul 19, 2011

I have a question, on the old RE i have: Total Visits: 944 days, 63 consecutive days. But on the new one i only have: 918 days, 33 consecutive days.

Is there a way to update my current RE 4 stats with my current RE 3 stats?

Also, will we ever have an RE4 site stats page?

Twitch, site stats were switched to RE4 about a month ago, and they aren't going to be updated from the old site any more. That was the 'Site Freeze'. Basically, we are all going to lose the same amount of days, so it all works out pretty fairly. For more info regarding this, see this thread.

Weasel, is it just the forums that are going to be archived, or is it RE3 in it's entirety?

Posted 10 years ago, Jul 21, 2011

I hope there is some sort of archive. it would be a shame to loose RE3's history

Posted 10 years ago, Jul 29, 2011

"http://archive.rotteneggs.com will remain for the foreseeable future as the static snapshot of the old site. However the ability to login and post new content will be permanently disabled."

That sure looks like an archive web page to me.

Replying to who posted on Jul 21,2011 08:05 am (View original message)
I hope there is some sort of archive. it would be a shame to loose RE3's history
‚€¶ Read the last sentence of my last post... We're wondering about the rest of the site, like our old profiles, groups, image uploads and stuff‚€¶

The site will remain frozen as-is, with profiles/images/groups/forum intact.  Nothing will be deleted for the foreseeable future, however you will not be able to login or add any additional content (comments/images/forums).

If at a undetermined time in the future it becomes necessary to purge the server, I will give ample warning.

Let me know if any additional questions remain regarding this.  Thanks.

Replying to who posted on Jul 29,2011 03:35 am (View original message)
‚€¶ Read the last sentence of my last post... We’re wondering about the rest of the site, like our old profiles, groups, image uploads and stuff‚€¶
Posted 10 years ago, Aug 01, 2011

The End of Life has been rolled out for R3.  It will remain in perpetual freeze at http://archive.rotteneggs.com.

Posted 10 years ago, Aug 02, 2011

Is it just me, or are most of the forums on the archive missing?

Posted 10 years ago, Aug 02, 2011

I'm glad it's been archived, will save some good memories!

Posted 8 years ago, Dec 07, 2012

Why not port the data over?

Also: I've been getting "General Maintenance" all day on that page.

Posted 8 years ago, Dec 15, 2012

i wish he'd move most of that over here, why maintain an archive....unless its a "just in case" back up

Posted 8 years ago, Dec 16, 2012

No idea. He did the same thing with RE2 as well. Make more sense to move it all over so people can continue on older conversations. Might be one of the biggest reasons the site is as slow as it is.

Posted 8 years ago, Jan 11, 2013

http://archive.rotteneggs.com. not working for me.

Show More