Mature AudiencesThe content in the story below is intended is for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. Do not undertake any project based upon any information obtained from this or any other web site. We are not responsible for, nor do we assume any liability for, damages resulting from the use of any information on this site. Before continuing, please ensure you read and agree to our Terms of Service.
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME : Text files and message bases are for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. Do not undertake any project based upon any information obtained from this or any other web site.We are not responsible for, nor do we assume any liability for, damages resulting from the use of any information on this site.i apologize if someone else already came up with this design, but as far as i know. i conceived it.
all this stuff can be bought at home depot or other hardware stores
need: 2" abs piping (4-5ft long)
- abs coupler (converts 2" to 4")
- 4" abs end cap thing (part that a cap screws into)
- PCV 4" screw on cap (use PVC, abs ones have bad seals)
- ABS Glue (white/wood glue will not work)
- 1 potato (more than 2" wide)
- hair spray (aerosol) or gasoline in pump spray bottle (gas works best)
- ram rod (broom stick)
bought all this for around $20 canadian ($1 US. LOL)
- the 2" pipe goes into the coupler and the end cap peice goes into the wider end of the coupler.
- glue all the peices together (remember glue faces together, not corners) and dont glue the cap on!
- drill a small hole in the center of the cap (small enough to fit a match into)
you now have a potato gun!!!
how to fire:
- open cap
- ram potato down to end of 2" piping (not into the chamber)
- spray lots of hairspray/gasol into back of gun
- close cap quickly (before fumes escape).
- aim (at neighbour’s cat)
- stick the burning match into hole
somet ive been wanting to try is to buy one of those red button ignigtors they have on bbq’s and drill a hole big enough to glue that in. you’d only have to push a button!
wh fitting the potato into barrel, just set it on the muzzle and hit it in hard, the barrel will cut it to size.
also. if it doesnt fire at first, aim it downwards and open the cap. it might have just been slow burning and could go off any second!